The best student excuses ever
Being a college professor for more than a decade now, I have seen many things. I have met many people of all different backgrounds and ages. That’s why I love teaching. I am exposed to a wide range of people.
However, one thing all those different people have in common is their belief that their excuses for being late, not turning in a paper or missing class are actually believable. I may have been a sucker the first couple years I taught, but no more!
Here are some of the best excuses I have being told by students.
- I can’t come to the 8 a.m. class that I signed up for voluntarily on time is because I have a disorder where I can’t wake up early.
- I couldn’t find an ice scraper to clear my windows, so I couldn’t make it to class.
- My overnight shift at the sex shop ran late.
- My friend’s uncle friend died, so I was too upset to come to class.
- I haven’t turned my paper in because I forgot how to type.
- I couldn’t make it to class because my pants ripped and I had no other clean clothes.
- My boyfriend lost my flash drive, so I don’t have my paper.
- I didn’t come to class because I had an abortion.
- I stubbed my toe really bad and couldn’t drive to school.
That’s all I can think of for the moment, but there might be more in a future blog.